How in the world

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just to be clear ... I'm not pickin' at you guys. I know you have good reasons. It just seems sad to keep giving this guy money. I have the same dilemma with my "local" quarry, Blue Springs. But I gotta admit, while the owner puts no effort into the place and charges WAY too much ($20), I've never had to deal with swimmers or tubers. Heck, the place is typically deserted these days.

I dont feel like your "pickin". Its a good question. If we had all the money we have spent at Joes over the years...well, mabe we would have been able to go to Bonaire by now. I do have some very good reasons tho. Chris, Kim, John, Monica, kenny, Shari, Wally, Jen and her Chris, Dave and many others plus our friends from New Horizons...for me anyway, these ppl have become more then just dive buddies.

OK mushy moment over.

Lou and I are absolutley open to any suggestions of places we can get to (and back), in two days time, that is convienent for everyone.

Julie

We only made it to FR once this year early in the season and it is our 'home' quarry. We left when the floaters started coming in. Unfortunately only got one good dive in. We're going to Lake Jericho this weekend for our end of season party, but not sure we'll hit FR to dive.

FRP is having a bass tournament this month, 20$ for 2 hours of fishing, to fish for keeper bass to hang on their walls. I don't think any of us want to be stuffed and hung on some drunk kids wall.....:shakehead: This is an all new low.

"See who can break the KY BASS RECORD....Take home 2 wall hangers..MUST have KY Fishing license! $20 per person for 2 hours of fishing. $7.00 for non fishers. MUST be 18 and OVER, ID required! Starts TODAY, OCT 2nd thru OCT 31st! Sat & sun- 1-5 pm and Mon-Fri 8am-6pm by appt only. Hand powered & battery powered boats welcome. For info, call Joe Clark 502-939-5049! This is PRIVATE property! Joe is just sharing HIS PROPERTY with others who are responsible enough to have the PRIVILEDGE of being there."

FRP is having a bass tournament this month, 20$ for 2 hours of fishing, to fish for keeper bass to hang on their walls. I don't think any of us want to be stuffed and hung on some drunk kids wall.....:shakehead: This is an all new low.

"See who can break the KY BASS RECORD....Take home 2 wall hangers..MUST have KY Fishing license! $20 per person for 2 hours of fishing. $7.00 for non fishers. MUST be 18 and OVER, ID required! Starts TODAY, OCT 2nd thru OCT 31st! Sat & sun- 1-5 pm and Mon-Fri 8am-6pm by appt only. Hand powered & battery powered boats welcome. For info, call Joe Clark 502-939-5049! This is PRIVATE property! Joe is just sharing HIS PROPERTY with others who are responsible enough to have the PRIVILEDGE of being there."

Who would ever thought you would see this!!!!!!

Well I guess that changes my plans for the two week vacation next summer and diving at Joe's. Very sad but I guess he's gotta make money some how. Maybe he figures he could bring in more this way. Still sad. Yeah BS is pricey, but it is a decent place to dive and has camp sites with grass even. JMO. Quite a drive for some of you I know. I agree Joe is in for a lot of possible head ache with what he has going on now.

This is really sad. :depressed: There are some really beautiful bass in there. The worst part is that they have been hand fed and have hardly no fear of people so a month worth of fishing will pretty much all but wipe them out.

Drunken teenagers, bottom littered with trash, poor visibility, and no fish. I don't see much reason to ever go back there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom