Cressi Frog Fins / Matrix Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tincanman

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Any opinion on these for Open Water cert? I'm trying different brands and would like to stay in the $60 for each (if that is realistic).

Thanks Guys!

I like the mask; low int volume, the down angle view and it fit me great, but the strap. Replace the factory strap with neoprene should solve that for me. Heard some people likes this fin for travel reason, haven't tried it my self.

They are part of my gear.
Nice. Fins are good. Much better than many other fins for the same price.
I also agree with the mask strap. Have a spare strap handy. In my case it broke several months after buying new.

I'm a big fan of Cressi Frog fins. They're solid and give you a lot of control - especially in current. Also, if you have floaty feet, they might help as they are fairly heavy and negatively buoyant.
HOWEVER, many people have told me that they found the Frogs a bit too heavy and tiring.
Really, it's all down to your style, strength and what sorts of diving you're planning on doing.

Pics of both.

Attachments

• PtoMadryn_small.jpg
    PtoMadryn_small.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_4024.jpg
    IMG_4024.jpg
    378.3 KB · Views: 192
They are a good fin. I do not believe that they are negatively buoyant though...

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom