SSI Dive Guide / DCS Wanted in Vietnam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ti325v

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Con Dao Islands Vietnam. Owner of Dive ! Dive ! Di
# of dives
We are opening a small shop on a remote island in the South of Vietnam.

We are a small operation, with a new boat that will have a capacity of 25 divers.

All new equipment, new boat, small staff and hope to have a friendly family oriented environment.

The island is remote and idyllic. We have access to 16 dive sites and hope for ten more as we develop the location. We will be working closely with the National Park, so a healthy respect for the environment is important as well as respect for the local culture.

We are PROFESSIONALS, safety is the first consideration. We STICK to STANDARDS.

Basic English is mandatory, French is useful and Russian a plus but not necessary for the right candidate.

What we are prepared to give....A living wage, plus commissions on bookings. Housing and meals. Good diving year round, though we have a rainy season in July to November. Incredible discounts on equipment. (We are a distributor for a major O.E.M. supplier) Year round employment. Any additional training we can provide for cost. No filling of tanks, minimal hard labor. We have local staff for tank filling and such. Lots of days off as we are coming into the rainy season. 8 hours shop time, doing rentals and bookings when the boat does not go out. 3 hours shop time when it does this will be rotated among the western staff. A day off per week, but if we are busy that will have to be saved for the time when we are not. Annual bonus if we actually make money. (which I do expect !)

What we expect...professionalism in all regards, enthusiasm, pleasant attitude, NO DRUGS, they are not available anyway. Minimal drinking. Smokers are o.k., everybody smokes here. No excessive piercings or tattoos.

Let me be clear, this place is pretty remote, we may just be getting satellite television...though we do have internet.

There are few cheap local restaurants, though there are several 3-4 star resorts, and about 12 small hotels.

This place will develop dramatically in the next year or two as there are 1000 more hotel rooms being built.

All most all of the island is national park, as are the 14 small surrounding islands.

If you are the type who likes to kick back and read a book, (Bring your own, there are none here !!!!! or go hiking this is the place for you. If you are a party person forget about it.

The staff will number five people.

If you are interested please send your c.v.,and a photo to info@dive-condao.com. Please tell us a bit about your diving background.

We will need you in Vietnam mid November.

I would prefer that you own your own gear, you are a professional after all, but I can supply it as you buy piece by piece if necessary.

Prefer female, late 20`s early thirties. Experience and maturity count.

I am sorry to say, because of the large number of applicants only short listed people will be contacted, but I will read everything sent to me.

Well I dont fit the gendar and the timing is wrong but let me know where you are and how to get there and you might see me as a paying customer:D
I am going to Phillippines for my side mount, tech wreck and extended range diver in November.
Sound like my kind of place. I have dove thailand both the adaman and gulf, and here in Kuwait where the water is more soup then clear and a couple of dives in Phillippines so I would like to see the VN waters.
Good luck in the shop and really send me a site/location to get to that island

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom