RTW ix -Do I go east to west or west to east

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Old Prop

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Folks,

I will be going to NZ in Sept. - Nov. of 2011. I'm leaving out of Boston and would like to maximize my diving along the way. So which way will maximize my diving on a RTW ticket? You have to keep moving in the same direction once you start. I can leave in July or Aug and don't need to be back in boston until Jan.

I am under the impression by reading several books that I may have to use Singapore as a hub to hit certain "must dive" spots. I won't mind flying off my RTW ticket if I can get a good hub in SE Asia.

Any suggestions welcome.

Sounds like a fantastic trip you've got planned!

If it's US - SE Asia - New Zealand, some must-do spots that come to my mind are:

Sipadan (although I'm not sure if July and August are seasons)
Perhentians
Bali
Thailand - Similans or Burma Banks (you might be able to do Bangkok as the Asia stopover as this option is available from many airlines)

If you're going to go to New Zealand, a stop in Australia will be really good (Great Barrier Reef).

Have fun planning!

Back
Top Bottom