November weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was there last Nov and it didn't rain for the week I was there.

Skook.....

Nope, it does not rain every day on Bonaire in November. We are an arrid island, so our idea of rain is a 15 minute down pour at night. November is the beginning of the traditional "rainy season", (as I said our idea of rain is a quick downpour at night, once in a while), though the last 2 years we have had little to no rain in the "rainy" season and lots of rain in the "non-rainy" season. Go figure.....

Liz

I remember on my first trip to Bonaire, my friend Herman taking a photo of a mud puddle, because he said he hadn't seen standing rain water on his trips to Bonaire before that trip.

I have been back in Jan/Feb, during the "rainy season", and what rain there was, came and went quickly, and was not heavy. More what we call short rain bursts, or often light, short rain showers up here in upstate NY. It did rain a bit on and off, several days that we were there, but never enough to even remotely effect our non stop diving!

Up here a rainy season, means nearly non stop rain for days on end, but that is NOT what rainy season on Bonaire appears to be.

One thing I did see on Bonaire, during the rainy season, that I never had before was frogs!

Bonairetrip-1-09_045b.jpg

Very cool picture gypsyjim. Here on the West coast of Canada I know all about rain and when I saw the daily average for November of just under 1 cm I thought I might be in for a wet holiday. Although as we say here, it never rains at sixty feet.

DG,

No, the rain from the night does not mess up vis. The only time vis is low (like the past couple of days) is when the seas are rough. Some of our divers aborted a dive yesterday, but today, it was much better. They said once you get out to the reef and get to about 40 feet, vis was great. Don't think your going to have a lot of problems, if any.

Vince...OMG...they are all over right now...they are loud for being as small as they are. We have a few living in the trees right now up at our house....you kinda get used to the noise....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom