Ideal Hose Routing for AGA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Routing hoses Wasn't really the issue. What I wanted to know was if there was anyway to rotate the direction of the hose on the aga. I was also looking for advice on what others do for hose routing.

I agree with ditch-diver.

I can figure out how to route hoses. But like everything else in life there is more than one way to do it. A few of us within the co. Will be taking the aga service tech class but until then taking apart a piece of life support equipment doesn't sound like the best route to take without the proper training.

If it is not your equipment than I agree that you should not mess with it unless authorized. If it is your personally owned equipment than I highly reccomend getting some tools out and futzing around with it. The tech class will be a really good deal for any of the folks on your team. Every team member should be able to remedy the majority of issues with the gear, short of a broken componet, or adjustments that require a full regulator bench.

I didn't know the AGA regs couldn't be flipped because of the bayonet. We have them routed coming out of the left, and when we pulled them apart have never tried flipping them but looked like they could go over. My apologies.
It still shouldn't be that big of a deal to have it come off the left if you use proper hose lengths

This is the hose setup we use..

We have a SARTEC valve with an 80 & 19 CuFt Tanks attached...

AgaSetup.jpg

We use AGA but dive with a redundant pony bottle so our hose routing won't be of assistance to you. Sorry.

A second on the SARTEK RSV-1 (Sartek Industries Product Details) here coming over my left shoulder from BOTH the main and pony and a bungied reg coming off of the pony here (led under my right arm). Being able to switch to an alternate supply while keeping comms in raunchy/ likely contaminated water is a nice thing :)

Side note -suggest a backup low profile mask when using an FFM with or without the RSV-1 (in case you have to go to your pony reg)

I took the interspiro service tech class through DRI (great class and practical). Think ditch-diver and muddiver gave some sound advice about not fooling with the FFM unless you have taken a course and understand it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom