Yukon tangent thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did I mention satellite monitoring for big brother, or a tether for the scuba police to yank you from the sea??

No one said anything about mandatory, merely adding the technology that already exists for your own personal benefit, should you choose to adopt it.

1. Every computer has a "basic" form of air integration at a minimum.

Absolutely not. MANY PDC's do not have any form of air integration. Air integrated indicates that the computer is connected to your first stage via either a hose or wireless transmitter enable the user to have the PDC give them remaining "air" as well as other related calculations. Many computers have no connection to the first stage and therefore do not offer anything to do with "air".

3. A program that works as a "flight recorder" to monitor and record "all" conditions from start to finish of dive.

Most computers already do this. All a person needs to do is download the dive to review the flight.

Last edited:
1. Every computer has a "basic" form of air integration at a minimum.
2. A simple lead that could house a heart rate monitor and skin temperature sensor.
3. A program that works as a "flight recorder" to monitor and record "all" conditions from start to finish of dive.
4. Even more sci-fi'ish, a mini RF deploy-able strobe/noise making/beacon that rockets to the surface if any of the monitored condition exceed a known dangerous value. Stowed somewhere on the rig like a cam band, that would alert surface attendants an emergency is taking place and relate a basic area.

The Uwatec Galileo Sol does the first three.

The Uwatec Galileo Sol does the first three.
Skin temp? I didn't see that in the specs....
Rick

I never got my Spare Air confiscated but knew that might happen so we just don't bring them. Besides the airlines now class that as the same as a regular scuba tank and want to charge for it.

I would really like to have the dive Co's rent them.

So, Cruisin home, were you stationed at March or Norton? Not much diving in the Inland Empire. Last time I was on the Lois Anne someone from San Bernardino was on the boat. That's a long early morning drive to San Diego for a half day dive.

I was at Norton AFB in mid 80's. Seems forever ago! I visited San Diego recently at a Medical conference and couldnt believe how crowded it has become. Does this put a lot of traffic on the good dive sites?

Back
Top Bottom