Looking for a good Tech oriented shop in SoCal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First of all remember--- you can always find someone who has had a bad exerience at any shop---every single shop in the world has pissed someone off... Including Scuba Toys...

Remember also that there are always two sides to every story...

and by the way I am not loyal to any shop...

JPBECK:
First of all remember--- you can always find someone who has had a bad exerience at any shop---every single shop in the world has pissed someone off... Including Scuba Toys...

Remember also that there are always two sides to every story...

and by the way I am not loyal to any shop...

I have posted about this shops practices in the past. I have only mentioned the name in PM to those who wanted to hear why i dont like this shop and what the situation was. I was not screwed just one time, but many, and what i did see them do to other customers besides myself qualifys me to give my take on this shop. If you want to shop there go for it, some people must learn by making the mistake themself.

TMD

I know I am just new here... But it seems to me it's easy to slam a shop, talking smack and telling everyone else how bad the place is when you remain anonymous...

I am not anonymous I have my first and last name righ there at the top--- I am here to say that All Scuba shop owners are trying to get whatever money we have to spend out of us!!!! They all prey on us as consumers! Thats ok though---That's their jobs... It doesnt matter what his reason was... He had a bad experience---who here has not! There is a statistic floating around that says a person who has a bad expierence will tell ten other people about the experience... You know what I bet if that same person had a good expierence he or she would not tell more then two people about it... People love to break down other people---Get revenge!!! I cant blaim the Mr. Mysterious up there for telling people who he thinks sucks---But he should at least have the balls to let everyone else know who he is...

I owned a scuba shop once in Kona and I had to deal with these types of people in the past! I am just fed up with it!

Nice Troll... Not going to bite--> I too am not anonymous, so you'll have to find some other attack with me--- I see that you are new here so I will cut you some slack, but someone has to teach you some manners... You just flammed "Mr. Mysterious" --now he is going to flame you back and a big ass war is going to break out and ruin this whole thread. Show some control when you are dealing with people you dont know.

I can see why you are "pissed" but there are better ways to communicate. I happen to go to Pratts shop myself, but then again I go where ever I feel like shopping...

First off i dont mind the so called "Attack".

If you did any kind of a search you would see that i have posted TMD or Andy as my name may diff times. i just didnt feel like outting this shop in a public forum on my threads. I didnt start this thread, but i do feel i have good reason to post my displeasure with this shop. My dive buddy and an instructor friend of mine are all of the same opinion about this shop.

IF you mentioned my first name to Mike or even Gary they would know who i am. Myself and Bob were the first guys really buying any tech gear from them and even gas. I dont shop there now due to my bad feelings about the shop and namely mike pratt, Gary was always nice to me.

I can post my displeasure if i want, this forum is all about opinions. If you like the shop keep going there! I have about 4 or 5 diff reasons for not wanting to ever spend even $2 at that shop again.

I will say that i never voiced my displeasure with them to them. My reason for that was because i was a long time customer and they kinda screwed me a few times on some minor things but its the princilpe of it. A good customer expects better of a shop that they spend 4-5k at. I hold a grudge, i just plain refuse to shop there for anything now. I go out of my way to get gas other places.

Andy

Search for these old posts

No consistancy is price ( yeah i know it should be "in price)

The Last Straw

Best Tech Dive training in SoCal

And if you notice, my Personal E mail is still in there. Fire one to me if your interested in more.

Andy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom