Looking for a small reg bag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nwflyboy

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm looking for a small, light, slightly padded bag for my reg. That's an Atomic Z2x, with a Cressi mini gauge console.

Yeah, I know Atomic sells a reg bag for 65 bucks, and I'm sure it's very nice, but that seems a bit pricey (like all things nuclear), and more importantly, it looks like it's a bit large - 16.5" x 11.5" x 5". I wonder if I'm being unrealistic about how big this needs to be?

I'm gearing up for a trip and am trying very hard to keep the size and weight of my kit to a minimum. I do want to put the regs in something (whatever that is, it will go inside my carry-on) but am seeking a minimalist solution.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Try small, cheap, laptop computer bag. As long as it zips, you're ok.
Minimalist? Just wrap with some bubble wrap, even cheaper and lighter.

You might find a good sturdy bag at any outdoor store that stock a good selection of backpacks. You'll probably find a small shoulder bag.

For padding, I second the bubble wrap solution. OR use your towel or extra clothing to cushion your regs during transport.

Like many things, just because they sell reg bags, doesn't mean you need them. The minimalist solution is to just coil them in your carryon, maybe tuck some tshirts around them - I did that for 20 years. Wrap a bit of bubble wrap around any gauges if you're worried about them. I have a Suunto gauge console which came with a zipper case just big enough to slip over it which works out well.

Recently I started using an Eagle Creek mesh packing cube just to keep things tidy and easier if they wanted to search my bag. Handy for packing small things on non-dive trips also.

I use cotton gym socks for the gauges when packing.

I do have cases now since I got them from SCUBAToys. They are pretty nice, but large about 14" square x 3" deep. The hoses coil nicely.

Or you might look just outside of Ventura Harbor on the bottom. I've lost 3 there. I get so excited about going diving (I live in land locked Reno) that I put my rig together and forget to put the regulator bag back in my dive bag. Yep - once the boat gets underway, it blows away. Last time it went to the plugs for my din valves too. :(

If you're still searching, take a look at XS Scuba. Their reg bag is circular in design which works well for coiled hoses. It is extremely well made. So much so, that based on the reg bag construction, I purchased their large zippered mesh bag. It has a side pocket that the reg bag fits in perfectly. The reg bag comes with a shoulder strap and an external pocket.

Back
Top Bottom