Airport Tax News in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, I wonder how this will work- I have already purchased tickets, but my flights aren't until June of 2011 which is a lot later than the proposed January end of the transition period.. Will the interim arrangements remain in effect until then? We'll see..... I'm sure other people will encounter the same situation. Nancy

At first blush, it looks like one line will be eliminated (tax line) and the checkin line will become longer so it will be a wash. Course, the security line will stay the same.

So, I wonder how this will work- I have already purchased tickets, but my flights aren't until June of 2011 which is a lot later than the proposed January end of the transition period.. Will the interim arrangements remain in effect until then? We'll see..... I'm sure other people will encounter the same situation. Nancy

I have done the same thing Nancy, for our group trip to Bonaire in June!

I read the explanation very carefully the first time. It's the "if needed" that bothered me. Of course it will be needed, since airline tickets can be purchased almost a year in advance. Why would they even propose closing in January? I'm sure we'll find out. Nancy

Back
Top Bottom