Would you dive Vortex now????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The potential body thing does not bother me so much as the new management. They do not seem to have near the desire to keep things straight as the last manager. I am getting tired of hearing stories of divers getting slapped on the head underwater by swimmers in the basin with the managements only response of "sorry". My students have enough to pay attention to without dealing with idiots that are not being kept in check.

bwa ha ha! usually its the students slapping the rest of us in the head! :rofl3:

I was there Saturday. I really didn't like the hassle of renting a tank and weights. Took them for ever to get them up and had to ask where they put them. Didn't check my c-card, i.d or anything. just wanted my Credit Card # for the rental stuff. They need to move the fence for more space.

It was Crowded. Had a good dive. Was hit by a free diver on his way down. I will go back for Vortoberfest.

They can't move the fence. It is part of a dispute between them and the former owners. I hope they can get their act together. The former managers made great strides in improving Vortex. I just hope it doesn't go backwards.

I was there Saturday. I really didn't like the hassle of renting a tank and weights. Took them for ever to get them up and had to ask where they put them. Didn't check my c-card, i.d or anything. just wanted my Credit Card # for the rental stuff. They need to move the fence for more space.

It was Crowded. Had a good dive. Was hit by a free diver on his way down. I will go back for Vortoberfest.

I've gone swimming in a reservoir that a fisherman had allegedly drowned in. Apparently they sent in dive teams but were unable to locate the body due to the fact that the lake is very big and like 150' deep.

I was in the water up to my neck when someone told me this story and I was kinda creeped out at the time, although it probably wouldn't stop me from swimming there again.

So unless a body in the water was a current health hazard, I don't think I would a have problem going in. Who knows how many thousands of bodies are spread across the worlds oceans.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom