Cuba in November??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the great info Shark_Tamer, this is very helpful! My husband and I love to see big creatures when we dive so the shark dive sounds great! Is there much big stuff in Cayo Largo or Cayo Coco?

Thanks again for the info!

Sorry, nothing that big in Cayo Largo !!!

The largest creature I have encountered while diving in Cayo Largo were 2 meter Eagle Rays and large tarpoons ... and you're average nurse shark, some turtles.

But there are plenty of reefs, walls, crevasses to see and do down there !!!

Very helpful info Shark tamer! I think Cayo Largo will get the nod.

Does anyone have current contact info for the dive operator there? There was an e-mail address on another thread, but my message bounced back "undeliverable".

Andy

You won't find an email adress for the dive center ... but I have one for the person in charge of the marina ... Don't expect an answer overnite !!! You'll probably get an answer in about a week !!!

comercial.marina@repgc.cls.tur.cu

Be clear in your request that the message is for the dive center ... Good luck !!

Thanks for the e-mail address. I sent a message out and will see if I get a reply in a week or so.

Andy

That e-mail worked and I got a reply from Reynaldo. There is a bit of a language barrier, but essentially, the dives at Cayo Largo are operated as 2 tank dives with hotel pick-ups at about 0845 and return at 1430. They also can do trips further afield on all day excursions if they get enough divers who wish to try it (for an extra fee)

The current cost for 2 dives is $74CUC, about $85 US dollars ( but you can't use US dollars in Cuba) and Reynaldo says there are no additional "park" fees or taxes. There appears to be no discount for doing multi-day packages. If you need gear, it is an extra $20 CUC ($23 US). That is definitely an improvement on some previous reports, but still seems quite high compared even to places like Bonaire and Cayman.

So, who can weigh in on which is a better resort: Playa Blanca or Sol Club Cayo Largo?

Andy

That e-mail worked and I got a reply from Reynaldo.

So, who can weigh in on which is a better resort: Playa Blanca or Sol Club Cayo Largo?

Andy

Already got an answer ... that was pretty fast !!!

As for which resort ... definitly Sol Club !! :wink:

Don't want to be mean .... but I'll be there in 2 days !!! :eyebrow:

Have fun down there!

When you get back, would you update us all on your trip?

Cheers

Andy

Well, we have booked in at Club Sol Cayo Largo for a week from 21 November.

Shark Tamer, how was your trip there? Any updates on the resort or dive operator?

Andy

Back
Top Bottom