Dive logs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Try "Dive Log Book" application URL: sourceforge.net/projects/dive-log-book/

It is optimized for mini laptops and manages beginner diver logging needs. Written in Java so you can run it under Windows, Linux or Mac OS.

+1 more for Diving Log 5.0. I use it as my main log book. When I can't download directly to it I go via the computer manufactures software and then combine them all into DivingLog. To date I've used it with Sunnto, Sherwood, DiveRite & Shearwater computers and about three or four other Logbook programs that I can't recall off the top of my head at the moment.

Related question- when logging a multi-dive day using a dive computer,does anybody still figure program group from dive tables?

If it's just the data that's being kept, I'd say go for a spreadsheet too. Don't know if it's still around but I think Open Office was free, had a spreadsheet tool and could be exported to other programs.

Personally, I'm a paper log guy. I just like being able to go back and read all the notes I scribble in the nooks and crannies, and if I couldn't doodle in the blank spaces (i.e. just filling data into a slick looking computer log), it just wouldn't feel the same.

Related question- when logging a multi-dive day using a dive computer,does anybody still figure program group from dive tables?

My compy constantly refigures on the fly so, no, I no longer figure my pressure groups from tables. I always have my tables available as a backup, but now I just look at the display as it scrolls through my "adjusted" NDL's.

I use MacDive because I'm one of THOSE users :wink: It works wonderfully. You can enter info manually or just plug in your dive computer and it downloads the info straight from there.

mac-dive

I use Tim's Dive Log 4 Becouse it does exactly what I want it to do :D

Tim's Dive Log 4

Does anyone know of a dive log that I can download for use? I use a small notebook computer when I travel and thought it would be better than the paper log books.

Here's something that I saw someone use on another board. It's a PDF, so you might have to do something to edit, but it should work as a temp or a backup.

Attachments

• divelog.pdf
    41.2 KB · Views: 67
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom