Colorado dive show - who is going?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, I understand what they are going for. I am not suggesting they even put their best foot forward (though I agree with you). I could care less about bells and whistles on a fancy web site. Just do the basics. Believe me, people notice.

If the organizers of this show are trying to get vendors representing countries to appear, at least grant those countries and their representatives the dignity of spelling the names of the countries properly. To misspell the names of Honduras and two of its islands is a bit much.

I agree. I however, am the last person to correct spelling and grammar. I will leave that to the experts.

It does reflect poorly on them. Surprising as the show producers are the producer one of the best dive magazines around "Dive Chronicles".

I guess sometimes folks get busy and standards get relaxed. Look at the whole texting thing. Any abbreviation that might be understood is acceptable. Don't you agree my BFF? OMG mybe u dnt! (sorry poor attempt at texting abbreviations)! LOL.

It seems in today's society all the lines get blurred. It is refreshing to see someone hold the line.

Agreed. Thanks for listening. I wish the organizers tremendous success and hope that all participants have a great time!

I'm planning on going- got some free passes from a dive shop. I'm wanting to buy some gear over the next few months, and have never been to a dive show. Is this the kind of thing where you want to bring your wallet for good equipment deals, or do you just kind of look at things and decide what you may want to buy later?

Good question. I have not been to this show before. But in my experience they are mostly informational in nature as opposed to being retail sales events.

Still, I would be prepared and bring stacks of cash.

At the Tacoma show they did sell some stuff there. And of course all the destinations are trying to get your to sign up at the shows. In fact that is how some of them do their marketing. You will not see them advertising in Magazines and such. If you don't go to the shows you will never hear about some of the best places to stay.

I'm planning on going- got some free passes from a dive shop. I'm wanting to buy some gear over the next few months, and have never been to a dive show. Is this the kind of thing where you want to bring your wallet for good equipment deals, or do you just kind of look at things and decide what you may want to buy later?

I haven't been to this show but at least a couple of the dive shops along the front range have their "shows" as well. Last weekend a diveshop in Boulder had a big deal. I wanted to go but the honey do's got to me first. The shop I go to has an event in May. Both of them (that I know about) are 2 day events with LOTS of prizes and a lot of the manufacturers and resorts have booths there. Those are events that get expensive, sometimes better to leave your wallet at home :rofl3:. The one I have been to is free, I like free.

I don't know where I heard about the Colorado dive show but I got 2 free tickets to go. You can still ask your diveshop if they have discount coupons. It is $15.00 and with the coupons it is $7.50.

I'll be there on Saturday see ya'll there.

Being new the scuba community, I would love to meet some of ya'll. Anyone up for lunch or drinks after the show on Saturday?

Jewls,

My wife and I will be there. We are taping some pieces for our TV show. We shouldn't be to hard to recognize. Look for two really big people dressed in Hawaiian shirts and carrying around a video camera.

If you want to see what we look like then go to our website at Travelers In Paradise: Intro and Home Page and watch one of our episodes. Then you will know.

Carl

I'll keep an eye out and stop by to say "hello" :cool2:

Btw, very nice vids. You guys are very lucky to travel the world and see so many beautiful places and people. Great job!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom