Hello from Dubai, UAE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sb.sbalt

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Just wanted to say a quick hello. By way of introduction, I decided to learn to dive a year ago after taking several trips to the Maldives and seeing how much fun people were having diving. With about 30 dives under my belt, I must say I really enjoy it, even when there isn't much to see.

I've been reading the forums for the last couple of months, and it has been quite educational not to mention inspirational.

SB

Welcome to the board.

I too learned to dive in the Gulf. That was back in 1976~77 My senior year of High School in Bahrain.

Do any dives in the gulf?

I dive in Fujeirah (with Al-Boom out of Al-Aqah). I keep planning to try Musandam, but haven't gotten around to it. I'm going to a wedding in Muscat in November, and am planning a few dives there. Do you come back to the Gulf often?

Haven't been back since. But that will change soon.

I have the gulf on our shows "Bucket list". It will take a few years to get there, but we will get there.

Dibba is the best place to dive in the UAE. I saw 7 black tip reef sharks over there last time. I also dived in schools of fish and saw some turtles. Its really worth a visit :D

I'm out in Qatar, the shore diving is all but non existant, but the boat diving on the local wrecks is OK. I work 6 days a week, so a couple of dives on Friday is always welcome, and we arent that far away from Oman, the red sea etc. The important thing is to dive!

Dibba is the best place to dive in the UAE. I saw 7 black tip reef sharks over there last time. I also dived in schools of fish and saw some turtles. Its really worth a visit :D

Whilst Dibba is a good dive to say its the best place in the UAE is possibly taking liberties.
There are a number of excellent dive sites on both the East and West Coast's. If your looking for wrecks then Dubai side has some great wrecks such as the Zainab, Mariam Express and slightly shallower the SMB. Ras Al Khaimah has the Energy Determination and the East Coast has the Innes, Anita and Inch 1 and 2. If reefs are your flavour then its gotta be the East Coast. As mentioned above Dibba is great, but the Musandum has some amazing sites - Lima, octopus and a bit further north in katchaloo you will find some beautiful undisturbed sites. You should also check out Khasab - beautiful, un-spoilt diving thats only a couple of hours from Dubai.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom