Need a bit of advice with my sidemount project

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Too much of a pain to make all those changes. I have sidemount regs, backmount regs, and single tank regs. They all serve their own purpose and I don't have to change hoses out every time I dive.

LOL! That's cus you work at a dive shop n dive almost every day!

If I had to do things your way, I would have 9 sets of regs, 2 bp/w setups, 2 sm setups. I maybe have just 4 trips a year so that's way more stuff than I'll ever need.

SangP

Last edited:
<----------------Envious :daydreaming:

Too much of a pain to make all those changes. I have sidemount regs, backmount regs, and single tank regs. They all serve their own purpose and I don't have to change hoses out every time I dive.

3600 ft?? Really?? I hope you mean by scooter. I can make it to the EOL and back on my Magnus without deco but I'm not going to see a whole lot.
I suppose you COULD swim JB....but that's about as fun as swimming Ginnie or Manatee. I'll swim high flow cave, but not when it's scooterable.

LOL! That's cus you work at a dive shop n dive almost every day!

If I had to do things your way, I would have 9 sets of regs, 2 bp/w setups, 2 sm setups. I maybe have just 4 trips a year so that's way more stuff than I'll ever need.

SangP

Actually, I work with a dive shop, not at a dive shop. Not enough money in it to work at one! :D But I do try to dive every day!!

ucfdiver:
I suppose you COULD swim JB....but that's about as fun as swimming Ginnie or Manatee. I'll swim high flow cave, but not when it's scooterable.

Going back and swimming it every now and then can renew your perspective of things. I just got finished teaching a 4 day cave course and we did about half of the dives in JB. Our last dive had us on a 3700' total swim, with about 800' off the gold line back in the King's Bypass area. Yes, the flow is coming down again! I could easily swam back to the Trash Room with one stage. During our dives there I found 3 different areas of cave I hadn't noticed before, none of which has line in it, as far as could see. I never would have seen those areas scootering back there.

Going back and swimming it every now and then can renew your perspective of things. I just got finished teaching a 4 day cave course and we did about half of the dives in JB. Our last dive had us on a 3700' total swim, with about 800' off the gold line back in the King's Bypass area. Yes, the flow is coming down again! I could easily swam back to the Trash Room with one stage. During our dives there I found 3 different areas of cave I hadn't noticed before, none of which has line in it, as far as could see. I never would have seen those areas scootering back there.
I swim a lot, just not in scooter passage. :crafty:

And you're missing a lot. The only true scooter passage I know of is the Twin Subway. It's long and definitely has no offshoots. The scooter express is definitely the way to get through the Subway!

And you're missing a lot. The only true scooter passage I know of is the Twin Subway. It's long and definitely has no offshoots. The scooter express is definitely the way to get through the Subway!
I agree, although typically I'm willing to swim 800ft before I'll carry a heavy Gavin down Ed's place.

Don't forget that you don't *have* to run your scooter wide open, you can slow it down to swim speeds. :D

The Magnus has a swim speed?!!?? :wink:

Skiles Passage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom