If you have any questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was watching quite a cool documentary about cave diving archeologists, when I bumped into the following quote that absolutely shocked me:
"there's as many as one out of ten rebreathers sold, that people have died on".

Is that for real?

(I'd link to the documentary but I haven't earned the right to put URL's in posts yet, apparently)

I heard that Jill Heinerth said that. I don't know, but if she said it, I'll believe it (at least for now).

I was watching quite a cool documentary about cave diving archeologists, when I bumped into the following quote that absolutely shocked me:
"there's as many as one out of ten rebreathers sold, that people have died on".

Is that for real?

(I'd link to the documentary but I haven't earned the right to put URL's in posts yet, apparently)

I believe that comment was taken out of context and the back story ended up on the cutting room floor. I think she was referring to a specific model that was sold a while back, where the fatality rate was around 10%. The CCR fatality rate is way too high, but it's definitely not THAT high.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom