Denisegg's incident and near miss at Jackson Blue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you CamG. While I was on the medication for hypothyroid I felt terrible. He was not treating me correctly and once I stopped the medication altogether and was tested once at 4 weeks and again at 8 weeks and had stopped taking the medication and was told I did not need it, I feel so much better. I was experiencing the same symptoms, tired, weak. I know that thyroid issues are hard to treat. I have heard this from many people who have problems with it. I was one who was being treated but did not need it. Over the last two months without thyroid medicine, my blood pressure has gone from 140's/90's to 110/70's. Go figure....

Wow Denise that BP drop is very significant! My mother battles high BP as well I am really becoming concerned that she is massively over medicated.
She has had several serious medical issues in the last year and I am thinking she might benefit from another opinion. She takes so many pills it is insane!

I am so very happy for you that you are beating this issue!
We never realize just how thankful we should be to feel well and have a normal energy level. I am learning that getting older is not for wimps!
Thank you for your sharing your issue and the medical information that followed.
I am certain you have helped many more out there!

CamG Keep diving....Keep training....Keep learning!

Many doctors and Health Care Insurers believe that stimulating the thyroid will cause one to lose excess weight and feel more energetic...It was not true in my case. The doctor correlated a systematic view of the given charts and deemed a drug that stimulated my thyroid which I really didn't need... It gave me such adverse affects like high B\P that is was not at all worth any gain to my overall nervous symptom had to endure

So glad to hear such positive news.

DISCLAIMER I am not a doctor or even close to their level of training! Working in the ambulance I saw so many over medicated people.. when they started analyzing the medications they found many were for symptoms caused by other medications.

The best advice is a second opinion after a good research looking for the best person you can find in the field. It is always good to have someone qualified go through the medication and make sure it is right. It may be possible to cut back a lot of meds .... I suggest a through review.. it may be that all her meds are needed but we are all responsible for our own bodies and health. If your doctor doesn't explain things to you so you are absolutely comfortable with the treatment... another doctor may be a better option for you.

Be careful tho not to just go to one who says what you want to hear too. Make sure if there are several doctors involved they know about each other and all the meds that are being taken! Good Luck:consolation:

*I am not qualified to give medical advice* This is based on personal experience with anecdotal events

I've never seen someone so interested in every prescription given to her as Kimber is, she looks up every one of them and finds all the info on what it does, what it's commonly prescribed for, what it's possible side effects are .. while that does not give you the whole picture (only a doctor could correlate all your meds do together) it's certainly more than the usual (me) trusting they know what they're doing kind of thing

There is so much pressure on Doctors from patient to "give me a pill to make me feel better" and from drug companies to "give them this pill to make them feel better" and we make it worse if we don't keep the doctor informed of ALL medication we may be taking! It is easy to criticize the doctors but they have so much pressure from so many directions.. yes there are lousy doctors out there.. but I think the highest percent are trying to do the right thing.. we have to be an active part of that process to get it right..putting away the:soapbox:now

Glad all is well

I've never seen someone so interested in every prescription given to her as Kimber is, she looks up every one of them and finds all the info on what it does, what it's commonly prescribed for, what it's possible side effects are .. while that does not give you the whole picture (only a doctor could correlate all your meds do together) it's certainly more than the usual (me) trusting they know what they're doing kind of thing

Don't you believe it! :no: A Pharmacist is WAY better at that. Good for Kimber for taking charge of her health!

Ok so I know this is in the incidents forum and I will quit posting dive reports here. I just had to share my second experience of diving today after the IPE July 4th. We went to Morrisons today and I tried out the drysuit and sidemount again. After the first dive, I felt comfortable enough to go into the cavern. Glen is an absolute awesome photographer. You have to check out his pics!
I went over 80ft deep today with absolutely no problems in full gear and an overhead environment! I am truly blessed that there is a happy ending to this incident thread. :)

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/de...3-morrison-springs-dive-report-9-17-10-a.html

Ok so I know this is in the incidents forum and I will quit posting dive reports here. I just had to share my second experience of diving today after the IPE July 4th. We went to Morrisons today and I tried out the drysuit and sidemount again. After the first dive, I felt comfortable enough to go into the cavern. Glen is an absolute awesome photographer. You have to check out his pics!
I went over 80ft deep today with absolutely no problems in full gear and an overhead environment! I am truly blessed that there is a happy ending to this incident thread. :)

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/de...3-morrison-springs-dive-report-9-17-10-a.html

Awesome!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom