dive accident robert lower

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
just trying to confirm that robert lowery had a dive accident today and did not make it. hopping this is not true :(

I regret to update this thread, but this was copied from his facebook page:

Rob died in the hospital in his mother's arms on Friday, Sept. 10, on or around 11pm. He died as a result of an embolism while scuba diving off of the coast of the island of Kaua'i.

The family will hold services for him at Makua beach near the rock at 9am on Saturday the 18th of September, 2010.

Just head west on Farrington Hwy past Makaha.
After the Makua cave (on the right) go a few hundred feet more to the first left (dirt road) you see.
Turn left and head strait for the ocean.
There will hopefully be balloons and/ or a sign.
Hopefully you can click this link on your browser or iPhone.

21.526464,-158.227690 (Makua Beach turn off, 82 Farrington Hwy) - Google Maps

Aloha
I worked with Rob, at Captain Bruces, back in the Fritz days. I am sure we all have some memories of Robbie. He told such great shark stories on the way out to Waianae, we had divers refuse to get on the boat. I will miss him for sure.
Aloha
Roger

In his own way robert was an adventurer of the highest order. In all manner of sports and endevors we push the envolope, and thats what robert did. people will mostly only remember that he was bent this many times or that many times, i didnt always agree with robert on some issues, but that part of him that was willing to push the limits and even challenge them, earns him a special kind of respect. and yes he could tell some stories. no doubt his wildness will be missed

I dived with Rob about two years ago and he had the heart of a true explorer. I've never met anyone with as intimate a knowledge of the deep waters around Oahu. I've since seen him filling his tanks at Breeze, at various dive sites, and filling water at the aquarium and he always greeted me with a firm handshake, big smile, and loads of positive energy. He took risks because that's what his niche called for. This is a big hit to Oahu's diving community.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom