VIS Report at Keystone Jetty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VooDooGasMan

Contributor
Reaction score
It was a nice afternoon after all, this guy shows up after awhile DSC04407.jpg. most of dive, it was really nice! I stuck around for the current to flow in various ways. The lings were runnin for there lives when this seal was comming down for his dive,DSC04417.jpg very, seafun. The sea world is so insink with the eco-system ... DSC04315.jpg... The dive was just after a Ebb slack, doable on a day like today.

Happy Diving

Just after high tide slack

A few divers came out from a slack tide dive, I went down and the current was kicken good. Seen this ling at the 2nd atmosphereDSC04458.jpg, just above this fella in a whole under a rock was this thing eating crabDSC04460.jpgso I took a few shots of this interesting creature.DSC04462.jpg Then I set forward to more depth to see what the current had in store for me, I knew there would be so many sea monsters wanting to ketch there meal just floating into there mouths like this odd looking fish monster.DSC04474.jpg Now once past the jetty point the current will pull you along with tremendous strength, yet with my scubapro twinjets there was no problem at all with moving through current. Just about to approach the 3rd ata I seen this warrior of a monsterDSC04507.jpgyet never even movedDSC04503.jpg while I observed his H2O surgery. There were many other sea monsters eating up what the current would bring them.

Happy Diving

How was the viz?

vis is so so

I give shots of a little distance, these shots were (9 7 10) in the afternoon at 5:00 and it was about your 15' rangeDSC04549.JPGand it was in the shallower areDSC04555.JPG. same as the other days, maybe 20' the sealion was at least 20 to 30' away.

I met a couple at the diamond knot ale house on my way home and he just bought a scubakit from a guy on the mainland, we drank a few beers before diving came up. Anyways I got in there rig across the ferry, and seen his gear, the tank had 2 psi in it and I gave her a wetsuit that was in my truck to try on. tank looked fine inside so I filled it, she said suit fit, so I brought a scubakit for her and they did there first sailish sea dive at keystone in the morning at 8:15.

Vis was 10' I did not bring camera for I knew could be dive problems, his suit was to tight and to short. he had anxiety, and for an areis BCD, it traps air on one side. but it was all new gear for $400. At the end he had not enough lead to stay down, so he surfaced back. When we surfaced at shore, me and his wife went back for another dive, a recovery dive for his finn. hell make adjustments, and she has a 905 drysuit on the way, and I'm sure they will make great whidbey island divers.

Happy Diving

Back
Top Bottom