Novae Products: 12W Dive LED Cree MC-E Dive Light 900 Lumens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So here goes.....

Not sure if this is a stupid question or not. Is there any reason that this could not be used as a primary dive light. I know that it is really small, does that matter? The battery life might be called into question. My solution would be to buy a few sets of extra batteries and would change them during the surface interval. Is the light going to be able to handle being on for an hour at a time?

Can anyone help? Has anyone used this as a primary?

I use this as my primary lights.. Run it for 1 hour 15 minutes of dive and still bright.. I have extra batteries from my other flashlight so i just use them with no problem.. buying extra is also a plus..

Dry_diver - not a stupid question but I'd be careful. Primary light means different things in different situations. I've been on a cave dive where someone used one as a primary light. There's not a rule that says a light has to have so much power/output. What kind of dives are you talking about - recreational reef dives? technical wreck dives? cave dives? It does make a difference.

I would be using one for reef, wreck, and cave. Would it be smart to get one or two?

I bought one of these to use as a backup while diving the FL springs. We ended up just doing cavern stuff because of a couple of new divers. I didnt even take my canister light and this one performed extremly well. Much better penitration and cleaner light than my other friends 10W HID's.
Multiple dives between 75-100 with no flooding.
The only issues I had were the silver bezzle on the bulb end would get loose when first getting in the water with the temperature change. Had to snug it down every time but still no flooding.
Then having to pay $9 at Radio Shack for a Euro power adapter.

I will be getting another one and all the guys that were with me want one as well.
Great light overall.

PJP

You give the material as T-6 alluminum - great I now know the heat treat age condition. It would be much better to know the alloy.

Also, way back in the first post you sate the finish as "Finish = HAIII (Hard Anodized III)". I'd like to think that this is MIL-A-8625 Type III, but again you only give about 1/4 of the information you could/should.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom