Official Swamper Campout Sept 10-11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm shooting for about 10AM Sat as well. Planning to make a day of it. Just shore diving though.

No rainfall is bad for viz too. During the drought it was often latte above the thermocline and clear but pitch black below. Sometimes rain clears up the lake. It will be interesting to see what happened this time. The Mansfield Dam area got 7.57" from this rain event.

Count me and Avocadogirl out of this one. She broke a toe two days ago and is now in a full foot cast. I am now on cooking duty to try and keep hop-a-long off her foot.

In the pic she is tearing up the local walmart.

I'll catch everyone at trashfest!

Attachments

• Marki.jpg
    Marki.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 47
Space is available on both the Saturday morning and afternoon charters. This will be a good time to get out to Starnes Island for a dive after the recent heavy rains. Being in the middle of the lake will limit any runoff effects to visibility caused by the recent heavy rains.

Save your space by sending a reservation request from www.LakeTravisScuba.com.

Look for the Texas Swamp Diver banner marking the camp area at Windy Point.

Sounds good to me, as if I know anything at all about Travis. :)

I am curious about the depth there. I'm still newly certified, only 10 dives total and my max depth to date is a whopping 45 ft. I'm definitely up to head to deeper waters, but I don't know that I really want to push it to like 100 ft or anything.

The other question I have, is that a place to find loot? I've heard about your sunglass hauls and that sounds like fun to me.

Lake Travis
Last Update: Sep 9 2010 7:32AM

Inflows: Inflows are below levels that would require flood operations.

Gate Operations: No gate operations for flood are expected at this time.

Lake level forecast (Forecast is subject to change as conditions develop): Lake Travis is forecast to rise to near 673 feet above mean sea level over the next few days. Forecasts may change with additional rainfall above Mansfield Dam.

Sounds good to me, as if I know anything at all about Travis. :)

I am curious about the depth there. I'm still newly certified, only 10 dives total and my max depth to date is a whopping 45 ft. I'm definitely up to head to deeper waters, but I don't know that I really want to push it to like 100 ft or anything.

The other question I have, is that a place to find loot? I've heard about your sunglass hauls and that sounds like fun to me.

Starnes Island and Cypress Creek Wall are the two sites that provide the most goodies to find.

As for depth, no worries about going too deep. The sites have sloping walls, so you dive to the depth you are comfortable with. The sweet spot seems to be 60'-70' while the goodies are in the 20'-40' range.

That sounds great. I'm hoping to get a little bit of fit help on board. I'm having one slight issue with my BC in that when out of the water the top of the tank tends to pull back away from my body. I think this is also contributing to the BC fitting just a tad bit loose in the water. I noticed last weekend that things were a bit loose. The other fit related issue that I have is getting the tank at the right level on my back so I can reach my reg hose over my shoulder but not bump my head into the top of the reg when horizontal and looking forward.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to Saturday morning.

I may be there Friday morning for a dive or two. Saturday is already booked up, but I will be on Giant Stride for the Lake Travis cleanup Sunday!

Back
Top Bottom