So what do I want in a Coz dive trip...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Haha that'll work. The activities on Coz are pretty spread out along the channel for many miles so it's hard to avoid using a cab or rental car if you want to go someplace different. VB is not an excessive walk from town, but we were too lazy for the 70 peso cab ride. With several cafes and a convenience store within a block tho, you can minimize that.

That $10 map will help a lot.

From that map, it looks to be about 5 miles between Villablanca and Scuba Club Cozumel. I guess that means a taxi if I want to scope out the competition.

From that map, it looks to be about 5 miles between Villablanca and Scuba Club Cozumel. I guess that means a taxi if I want to scope out the competition.
Oh ok, it helps to know what you were wanting to check out. My Cando map shows it to be less than 1 mile from VB to SCC, a little over 1 mile to Chedraui, a little over 1-1/4 to Mega. I just not into hiking after diving. My 2009 map does have the Stingray prison in the wrong place but is probly accurate enough on the above.

No, it's about a mile.

Oh ok, it helps to know what you were wanting to check out. My Cando map shows it to be less than 1 mile from VB to SCC, a little over 1 mile to Chedraui, a little over 1-1/4 to Mega. I just not into hiking after diving. My 2009 map does have the Stingray prison in the wrong place but is probly accurate enough on the above.

Correct, less than one mile:

Attachments

• distance.jpg
    distance.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 86
Now he looks. :D

If you're cheap and energetic, enjoy the walk. No guardrails on sea wall tho. I'm older and fatter than I am cheap.

Don, you didn't say anything about the trip home, were you able to get seated in first class on the way back? Did you take a taxi to the airport from Villablanca and if so how much was it?

Don, you didn't say anything about the trip home, were you able to get seated in first class on the way back? Did you take a taxi to the airport from Villablanca and if so how much was it?
Haha we tried for FC, but it was going to be $62 per flight/$124. Tried again at the airport but that agent wanted to charge full FC fare difference. I sleep better in Coach really, as I don't stay awake for the snacks and drinks. :D

Except I should have left my tray down so they'd leave the Coach snack to eat when I always wake up on initial approach. Jer said it wasn't bad, but we found a pretty good Bar-B-Q place in IAH and Jer can usually eat twice.

I think the cab to the airport was $12 US as I'd left the last of my Peso for the maid. That sounded like standard rate, no extra charge for bags - which they can charge for if they want to push it, so we did tip that one.

Hehe, I'd asked for Root Beer early in the trip for some reason, even tho I don't think it exists in Mexico - and mentioned that little tidbit to Jer. He got to asking every night after that. :silly: IAH has plenty, even tho the planes don't, but we still hit a convenience store for a couple of pints as soon as we drove out of the Amarillo airport. :cool:

Good Bar-B-Que in IAH. Do you remember the name or location? That might make the lay over not so long. I do have a couple of President Club Passes. I thought I might try on the way home. Any tips or info about the club would be appreciated.

Thanks

Good Bar-B-Que in IAH. Do you remember the name or location? That might make the lay over not so long. I do have a couple of President Club Passes. I thought I might try on the way home. Any tips or info about the club would be appreciated.

Thanks
There is a Pappadeaux restaurant in the Houston airport. Good food, nice wine list, with real plates, silverware, and wine glasses, and no more pricey than their other locations. It's where we usually hang out during our layover between our CZM=>HOU and HOU=>AUS flights.

Back
Top Bottom