Aqualung has purchased Whites drysuit company

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey gang,
It's understandable we each have our own preferences when dealing with companies, as well as our own experiences, be it good or bad. Hopefully we are still meeting customer expectations, if we are falling short somewhere please drop us a line and let us know. We are always looking for feedback from you the end user. To help us serve you better, both by improving our products as well as in serving customer needs.
Cheers Doug,

Hm ... one more brand that I guess will have to go on the ignore list. I guess we'll have to see what the pricing policy is.

the pricing policy is "if it's Aqualung, the customer is screwed".

you're looking at dealers not discounting any and Aqualung enforcing "full list price", MSRP, or max 10% off.

The customer just lost out BIG TIME.

Well that didn't take long now... did it.

Learned today that Aqualung is now enforcing selling WHITES DRYSUITS at FULL MRP at it's dealers. (no more allowed discounts, deals, etc).

They've also raised the prices 10%..... because they could.

This goes into affect today from what I understand.

Well... Welcome to Aqualung... The customer just lost out BIG TIME.

Well I'm glad I purchased my Nexus suit second hand.
I don't purchase new gear from manufacturers that enforce a MARP pricing policy.
If the dealers would just all dump those brands for those with MAP policies it would force the others to adapt MAP policies and play fair.

+1 on what RAWalker said!!

Well that's kinda settled my mind anyway.

I've been umming and ahhing over a fusion for a while but I WILL NOT support companies that work like this!!

Bye Bye Fusion now what is the best alternative??

Now watch what happens to White's management. I foresee this release soon :Aqualung announces new team to lead drysuit line. Dewey, Screwem, and Howe will now be in charge of all decisions regarding White's. Including a review of current dealers who are not also Aqualung dealers. Expect dealers to take it in the behind along with the consumer. So glad I went with HOG. I was seriuosly looking at the fusion until AL stuck their nose in. Greed- it does a company good! Right!

As a side note: How long do you think it will take to get the same level of support here on the board that Aqualung now gives you in it's forum. Things that make ya go hmmmmmmm.....!

And where is the sense in raising prices 10% just as the USA is sliding into a recession even worse than the last one???

10% extra of nothing is obviously more attractive to them than a smaller % of an actual sale!

Has anyone tried to contact these folks recently? I can't get through by email nor phone...

well this is the "Whites manufacturing fourm". So they know this thread is here.

Either AL cut them off from outside public contact, and/or they've been ordered by the 'mighty evil empire' not to comment on the new pricing changes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom