What's the best SCUBA car?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So I can show you my choice...

aquacar.jpg

You can not go wrong with the Chevy Avalanche. It is an SUV and a pickup with a locking bed and storage on the sides! Plenty of room for you and three of your buddies.

Honda element is a great ride. It is not the best looking thing but it works for me. I have seen a lot of folks at the quarry driving them.

While Amphicars are delightful in their whimsey, in the little experience I had with one, they are neither good cars nor good boats.

Honda Pilot; great gas mileage ( considering the vehicle size ), all wheel drive, enough power to tow my boat over the Rockies, lots of room for gear and passengers, beefy tie down strap hooks in the back to secure my 4 tanks. For shore diving, gear up in the back sitting on the back ledge, stand up and walk into the water. Back SUV door also acts as a rain cover while you put your gear on. Throw a blanket over your gear in the back, lock the doors and things are secure. Works great.

Back
Top Bottom