How in the world

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

According to Joe the sword was broken by one of the swimmers and has no idea who did it. He didn't mention, to me anyway, about a reward for information as to who did break it.

As for the "STORY" in the CJ, we are very disgusted. Their isn't a shred of truth to it other than the peoples names.

Hopefully we can find a place to get together, hang out and dive that is convenient for all of us

Lou

Cool....My post on the FRP Facebook front page has been removed, it is still on the discussion section though. I guess divers are "has been" in Ashley's/Joe's opinion.

Post removed,
As far as current pricing, a certified diver with water skills is charged $15 admission to the park for one day. A drunk teen with no water skills and more insurance liability to Joe and the quarry is charged $7. I know of no incidents with any diver over the ten years I've been diving at FRP, we have one near miss with a floater since Joe has relaxed the rules. Ask Joe for me, "Why do divers pay a penalty? Why not charge a flat $10 for everyone?" Tell Joe Diver Chris is asking, BTW I have an emergency first responder certification, how many of your floaters can respond with emergency CPR and 0xygen???? I might just save one of your floaters some day......

Good point chris! The place has definitely changed. Our last dive we were worried about someone jumping on our heads. :popcorn:

Anyone Dive at Joe's this weekend?

Nope, didn't want to fight the iron man challenge.

Anyone Dive at Joe's this weekend?

Wow, I thought WLKY was reporting on a local incident......

BOWLING GREEN, Ky. -- A college student is recovering at a Louisville hospital after landing awkwardly while jumping into a water-filled quarry.

The Daily News of Bowling Green reported 20-year-old Danielle Bartley, of Louisville, was in fair condition Monday at University of Louisville Hospital.

Bartley's friends called for help and emergency responders used a boat to rescue her from the water Sunday afternoon at the quarry on the Logan-Warren County line.

Warren County Rescue Department spokeswoman Deborah Williams said Bartley and six others were cited for trespassing.

Given what this place has become, why do you guys keep going back? I'm just curious.

Given what this place has become, why do you guys keep going back? I'm just curious.

Unless I'm meeting someone there I haven't been. Sadly though that also means I haven't been diving much either. From here everything else is at least a couple hours away.

Just to be clear ... I'm not pickin' at you guys. I know you have good reasons. It just seems sad to keep giving this guy money. I have the same dilemma with my "local" quarry, Blue Springs. But I gotta admit, while the owner puts no effort into the place and charges WAY too much ($20), I've never had to deal with swimmers or tubers. Heck, the place is typically deserted these days.

Didn't think you were picking at all Jim. I suspect BS will be picking up more business in the future. That's where I'll be going.

Back
Top Bottom