A Small Win for Sharks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

merxlin

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I wrote to a local market chain (Henry's Farmers Markets) and asked them to stop selling shark. I am sure I was not alone, but did get a nice email from their corporate office telling me they are pulling shark from all their stores! One step that I hope is just one of many.

Don't discount what a small effort can accomplish, and imagine if we all made that effort.

Good work Merxlin!

You are absolutely right about what a "small effort" can do against unsustainable seafood.

If retailers realise that selling items such as shark is bad for business, they will stop selling them. Lets hope more people speak up.

Also, social media is an important communication tool that can be used to work for oceans and sustainable seafood. We should all be publicising the poor-choice seafood retailers and speaking up for the responsible ones. Like with so many other matters, a few tweets or some revelations in a restaurant/store review forum can make a difference.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom