Central Illinois Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

muddiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Besides the Haigh Quarry, are there any other decent dive locations near Bloomington-Normal?

I am flying out with the wife the week of October 7th and leaving October 13th. She will be doing a class reunion up around Waukegan October 8 and 9, so I will be free to get muddy. I might also have some free time to cruse out to Chicago or any other Great Lake dive jump off point.

I personally do not know of any. Maybe someone else can chime in. You can always call a dive shop down there and get suggestions.

There is a new one opening up around Springfield, plus there is Wazee up in Wisconsin. Also October is still within the Great Lakes wreck diving season, and there are a lot of operators between Gary, IN, and Milwaukee, WI.

Tom

There's Strode Lake in Canton, IL. I've never been there and don't know much about it other than that I think max depth is around 60 feet. No fill station there or anything like that. Other than that it's just Haigh, Pearl, Mermet or Lake Michigan for Illinois.

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom