LP 108 question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oddthomas

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking at getting a steel lp 108 as my first tank. If, down the road I decide to go to doubles, can I use this tank in that setup? I didn't know if the tank was too large.

My doubles are LP 108s. I like them a lot.

Thanks, good to know!

Are you big, small, are you going to buy a trolley?

At this point as new diver (your profile is 0-24 dive). I would not worry about it. Get a cylinder and dive the crap out it. That said a 108 is a nice cylinder I have one for singles. For doubles I use LP85s.

Depends on your size and how much gas you may need. For doubles I have a set of 130's, 120's, and 100's and for a single I will use a 130 or an 80 depending upon what I have planned. LP will be heavy on a double set which is ok; however, if you find yourself walking a few hundred yards from water to the car it can be a pain.

I think LP85 or HP100's are better doubles than LP108/HP130 unless you're cave diving or going really deep.

85's are good for both single and double use, unless you really want to go DEEP. Going deep is around a 2 year journey if you don't dive fulltime (normoxic/220ft or trimix for deeper). You might even decide to go CCR route. Buy a 85/72 for now, you can always buy the right gear for the type of diving you plan on doing when you arrive at that decision.

I like my LP85s because I'm not that big. If I need more gas, I'd rather sling an Al 72 or 80 rather than hurt myself trying to climb a ladder with a pair of big tanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom