HOG G1 SPG . . . what is this part, please?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jax

Deplorable American
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just got my new SPG in. Inside the box was the gauge and a part.

Could someone help me out with what it is and where it goes? :) Thank you!

Warning - huge picture, slow opening.

Attachments

• Gauge (2).jpg
    Gauge (2).jpg
    405.9 KB · Views: 153
I just got my new SPG in. Inside the box was the gauge and a part.

Could someone help me out with what it is and where it goes? :) Thank you!

Warning - huge picture, slow opening.

That little piece is the HP swivel or HP spool. It provides the seal between the hose and the gauge. Very lightly lubricate the o-rings on each end of the spool and insert it in the pressure gauge. The hose can then be installed.

Phil Ellis
Discount Scuba Gear at DiveSports.com - Buy Scuba Diving Equipment & Snorkeling Equipment

Next time you place an order with Dive Sports (Or where ever you buy from) order up a spare spool too! I keep one in my save a boat dive kit.

Next time you place an order with Dive Sports (Or where ever you buy from) order up a spare spool too! I keep one in my save a boat dive kit.

You ain't a man if you can't replace the spool 'O' rings on a boat, in the dark, with gloves on!
:D

You ain't a man if you can't replace the spool 'O' rings on a boat, in the dark, with gloves on!

*AHEM* :scorned:

*AHEM* :scorned:

I was really snickering (yes out loud) when I posted that. I KNEW you'd have something to say about my sexist remark.

But to be serious for a moment, that little thing fits into the bottom of the SPG. Then the hose threads onto the SPG and as you can see, the little post with 'O' rings creates the high pressure seal for the hose/spg connection.

I too carry a spare (hope I can find it if I need it) and also some 'O' rings, too.

I was really snickering (yes out loud) when I posted that. I KNEW you'd have something to say about my sexist remark.

But to be serious for a moment, that little thing fits into the bottom of the SPG. Then the hose threads onto the SPG and as you can see, the little post with 'O' rings creates the high pressure seal for the hose/spg connection.

I too carry a spare (hope I can find it if I need it) and also some 'O' rings, too.

You would! :hugs: :mooner:

I have an o-ring kit and always wondered what those tiny o-rings were for. I will buy a backup spool, though, thanks for the tip!

How about you are not much of a diver if you don't have a light on a night dive :shocked2: (Let alone any dive :cool2:).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom