How do you celebrate 100?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM:
I haven't done anything about any of the "milestone" dives since 100, but I'm thinking I ought to do something to mark 1000, which is coming up soon.

You shouldn't do anything other than invite your friends. Your friends should take care of the risk. My friends presented me with a bag full of gifts (most of them gag gifts) on my 1000th including a bottle they filled with water from that dive and an engraved flask filled with brandy.

As a solo diver, who is going to celebrate with me? I did get a nice bottle of champagne on my 900th dive in the last decade, but did nothing for my 1,000th or 2,000th. I say of the decade because I didn't start logging my dives again until June of 2000 and that was because I needed a log for my international dive travel. Could have been my 3,000th and 4,000th for all I know.

My partner and I celebrated our 100th dive on a liveaboard on the Great Barrier Reef. Had to dive a lot in the preceding months to ensure that it would happen on the boat somewhere special, and not in our usual haunts. Not naked however, the threat of jellyfish stings put paid to that idea:wink:

You shouldn't do anything other than invite your friends. Your friends should take care of the risk. My friends presented me with a bag full of gifts (most of them gag gifts) on my 1000th including a bottle they filled with water from that dive and an engraved flask filled with brandy.

Hey I like that idea.. but :crafty:I will make the boat operator move over to get some of the pretty blue water:rofl3:

I threw my neck out on my 50th dive in Bonaire, kept diving in pain for a couple of days, came home, went to the chiro and ended up in the ICU with a torn vertebral artery that caused 4 strokes. THAT'S how I celebrated my 50th dive.:depressed::shakehead:

Hopefully 100 will be better...

I started my second hundred, and so on and so on. At 999 I threw the books away as it seemed the numbers became more important than the dives, that was years and years ago. I did keep my very first book with all the original signatures.
Bill

I usually don't notice "landmark" dives until at least several dives later. Probably just as well, seems like a good way to jinx a dive.

I think many many more people joke about stuff like nude dive for #100 than actually do it...

Back
Top Bottom