Instructor friends taking you through Divemaster course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nice timing... now I've locked in my DM course the training manager has informed me she won't be doing my DM. he only allows the most senior instructors with the shop to complete the DM course.

better for me... variety and it's nice to know that he's not going to make allowances for us being mates. will be good to rib her over being too green when i see her next :D

Last edited:
Yes, this will be the Divemaster GI Jane version, according to my husband. But, he's the most wonderful teacher ever.
Who best to teach you lifesaving skills than the person who cares about your safety more than anyone else in the whole world?
In our rescue class there was no mercy. I'm 5'1", 130. My fellow rescue buddy was 6'4" and about 230. Do you think I was cut any slack when lugging him to shore? I had to get him all the way onto dry ground.
He also let me go on for nearly two hours on the S&R portion in no-vis conditions before I found my diver down. Oh, and I was wearing an AL 60 for this portion of the class. Good thing I never need air!
Now, I'm ready for hubby to do all sorts of crazy things like turn off my tank, pull off my mask or tell me to take my gear off and on in the middle of a recreational dive. I know in the end, I will be better for it.
We dive well together. After reading about that Galapegos tragedy I'm even more thankful for his training. It made our honeymoon on galapegos Agressor 2 the best trip ever.

you'll make a very good divemaster then!!!!!!!
honeymoon in the galapogos!!!!!
you got a great guy there!!!!
took my wife there the end of feb.
what a cool place!!!!!!!
endemic
have fun
yaeg

I'm friends with my instructor (and his wife who is a DM) and I think that will only make me a BETTER DM in the end. He pushes me to reach a standard above and beyond what I ever thought I was able to. We hang out and go on dive trips together and even then when I'm on "vacation" he's pushing me to be a better diver. I wouldn't expect anything less and our friendship gets stronger every dive.

My instructor was a friend before I considered becoming a DM. We come at SCUBA from very similar perspectives. Wil he cut me slack, no. Does he believe DM's schlep tanks NO.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom