Shooting a Bull Shark

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Capt Scotty

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I tried to post the video directly, but my skills would not allow it to work so here is a link to a video of some guys in Florida shooting a bull shark while fishing. Maybe someone else can jump in and pull it up where everyone can see...This stuff gives all of us a bad name...

Blue Iguana Charters: Bull Shark Gets Shot in the Florida keys

That's terrible, someone else needs to get shot!

OMG. :shocked2:

I'm in NO WAY defending the actions - or laughter - but comments on the youtube video.....

"A 7 ft bull shark gets shot in the head after a 45 minute long fight. The bullet hit the line and the shark survived"

OMG! This is so illegal. I wonder if anyone has reported it. This gives fishermen and speardivers a bad name.

http://myfwc.com/docs/RulesRegulations/Saltwater_Regs_2010.pdf
The use of powerheads, explosives, chemicals or the discharge of firearms into the water to kill or harvest marine life is prohibited in state waters.

Last edited:
OMG! This is so illegal. I wonder if anyone has reported it. This gives fisherman and speardivers a bad name.

There is no evidence to support the act occurred in state waters.

Fishermen generally do themselves in well enough on their own.... As I recall being circled well under 300' at speeds throwing a wake while anchored and a diver in the water this weekend to the cry's of "f#$k you - you don't own the site"

There is no evidence to support the act occurred in state waters.

This is true, but it should be investigated. FWC has a site to report violations online. I sent them the link to the video. This just p***es me off.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom