How do you celebrate 100?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did my 100th in Malaysia east coast. It's very conservative there so nude dives are frowned upon. So my buddies decided I would go down to about 5 metres and change into a pair of shorts. Not easy with fins on let me tell you.

Since I didn't keep a log book back in the 60s, I don't even know when I reached my 100th dive. However, I DO know it was not naked. As a marine biologist, I didn't want to scare the fish... or make them think it was dinner time. One of my very shapely dive buddies did do her 100th naked... but only her future husband got to see it.

For my 100th dive, we celebrated by having beer, sodas, and hamburgers at the Alki Tavern after the dive. My group made a toast to my 100th dive. Low key, but a very nice gesture.

Ron

I haven't done anything special for 100 dives. My 300th was in Aruba and I threatened to do it naked but others on the boat insisted that I not. Number 700 is coming up real soon, but it will probably just be the dive before 701.

and wondering the best way to celebrate dive 500 when/if it happens ;-).

I haven't done anything about any of the "milestone" dives since 100, but I'm thinking I ought to do something to mark 1000, which is coming up soon.

One of my very shapely dive buddies did do her 100th naked... but only her future husband got to see it.
And you call her one of your dive buddies:idk:

For each 100th I have a picture taken underwater (as does my buddy) :) Though my 200th was solo so I had to get someone to take one on the boat after the dive!

Jeez, I don't know Sas, methinks you've taken these pics on consecutive days of diving. Your slate on 400 still has the same smileyface in the background that it had for 300:D

Pretty impressive though how your gear setup changes from one dive to the next.

Jeez, I don't know Sas, methinks you've taken these pics on consecutive days of diving. Your slate on 400 still has the same smileyface in the background that it had for 300:D

Pretty impressive though how your gear setup changes from one dive to the next.

Hahaha yea looks suss hey! :) Shows how often I use my slate, they were taken seven months apart... :rofl3:

Well spotted by the way! I just drew the 4 over the 3 :wink:

wondering the best way to celebrate dive 500 when/if it happens ;-).

Good timing for this thread & question. I have a week or so to come up with something for #500.

I will be in the middle of the warmest water of the year..........

Since I haven't counted a dive since 20 or so I'm sure I celebrated 100 the same way I celebrate every dive. Thanking God that everyone made it back to the boat, and enjoying a post dive beer.

I'm with the photo contingent. I seldom get my pic taken as I am the one behind the camera. I got photos of number 50.. it is my favorite shot of fish and I together. The friend who took it gave us a copy as a house warming gift the same person took a pic on my 100th but those were film pics. We normally don't make a fuss about dive numbers.. it is only a number after all. That said.. I think I will try to do something special for 500 which is coming very soon....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom