Where did you dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

6 dives last weekend on Pulau Dayang, a small island off Mersing, Malaysia. If it weren't for the 10h trip back to Singapore I'd certainly consider moving to Singapore! Nice treat for the weekend within a 2 wk business trip.:cool2:

Did another long "octopus tour" last night at a local dive site we refer to as "The Office". Found six Giant Pacific Octopus ... three on eggs ... as well as several other interesting species. Total dive time 85 minutes, max depth 112 fsw, average depth 62 fsw.

"Momma" is tucked neatly underneath some pilings at about 100 fsw ... she was rather active last night ...

IMG_7519.jpg

IMG_7521-1.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Destin Florida area, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Surface temp 86.7, temp at 80ft 68.3, vis at a nice wreck 7 miles of SanDestin and 13 miles from Destin pass was 55-60ft.:D
Then at some of the more popular fishing areas temps at bottom where 72, but unfortunatley lots of signs of tar balls and dispersment oil laying on bottom, making it no good for eating any fish yet, dispite what they say. Its there and it has already done its damage. In a non proffesional opinion i beleive its really just the bottom feeders. I feel the mid water fish while put at risk may not have been as badly affected. This comes from observations made when first seeing dispersement in the waters off Destin over ten weeks ago, seeing the larger fish actually avoid the fields of dispersed oil hanging in the lower colder waters, the bottom dwellers are my concern such as flounder. They cant aviod it, and that is my concern. I feel to err on side of caution and wait a while on gulf seafood until some credible testing is done. I feel i am a person in the know in this area and I know no one is testing here where it matters or even attempting, I think they dont want to know because it will effect tourism and commercial fishing :depressed:

Normally I'm sat at home in the UK, maybe heading to Stoney or Gildy for a dive with students, but thanks to the wonders of wi fi I'm sat in Camel saying we had 2 really nice local dives at Ras Katy and Near Garden today. A nice spot was a filamented devilfish or Red Sea Walkman (dive guides)... see photo!

Attachments

• DSCF5773.jpg
    DSCF5773.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 44
Had a great August long weekend in the Brockville, Ontario area diving with Island Pleasure Divers. We did the Daryaw, the Lillie Parsons wall as a long drift, couple of dives on the Keystorm, one on the Kingshorn and finished up with the Vickery.

The St Lawrence is at 74F toasty degrees. Nice.

While hanging out at DiveTech in Mallorytown I spied a new scooter that I am pining over. The MAGNUS. High power, long range ultra performance DPV

Last night I was coming out from a shore dive at Centeen Park in Brockville just as the Dive Tech staff went out for a spin to the Gaskin wreck, and I heard that it took 4 minutes to get all the way out there by the Magnus, leaving the other scoots behind.

Today, Morrison Springs cavern, yesterday Vortex Springs, the day before Ginnie Springs (Gennie, Devil's Ear, Devil's Eye and Little Devil) and the Monday we dove Jackson Blue.

38696_1514199651481_1129128711_31473519_6376056_n.jpg

PHOTO: Sabbath999 hanging on to the wall to keep from getting blown out at Devil's Ear which was running pretty good that day while I took the shot. And yes, we are Cavern Certified and are allowed to take lights in there.

We put in at Butterfly House and exited at Stewarts Cove (Carmel River Beach). We were down for 88 minutes (max depth of 26 ft), temperature was 52 degrees, viz about 35', and the kelp forest was beautiful.

Finally... I can chime in again. Wazee Lake in Black River Falls...2 dives, the first was 90 minutues. The second was an hour...Bass were every where.. Looking for a handout as I turned over the rocks. HUGE walleye hiding under the fish cribs. I'll post pics later...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom