Zeagle's Express Tech: The first and last BC most will ever need (or want)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Jim Lapenta for the crotch strap solution!

I have another question. I will be buying the Standard Express Tech BC. And i found out that there is a setup on the Deluxe version that i would like to have it on my Standard BC (Please see attached picture). Is this setup just a plastic D-ring + belt slide (see attached picture)?? If yes, how should i weave it??

Thanks.

I have no idea on that. I'd just buy a metal buckle and call it good. I don't like those plastic quick clips.

Anyone have pics of how/where to mount XS weight pouches?

I put two weight pouches on the cam bands, one on each. It took a little while to rethread the buckles, but once on, they are on good.

Does anyone know of a shop in SoCal where I might be able to rent one--with 35 lb or 44 lb wing--to try before I buy?

D'oh, I just posted this on a side forum for inherent buoyancy....................this be the right place!! Here it is.

Hey all

I'm very interested in this configuration (ET deluxe, minus padding) but I find myself flip flopping between the ET and the oxycheq ultra lite travel with donut bladder. So a couple quick questions.

1-has anyone had issue with the upper cam band being too high and not being secure due to the crown of the tank?

2-i recall a pic showing a rear pull dump on both sides of bladder (I've always preferred donut style) question is, any big problems with air shift or annoying trapped air? I generally dive with little to no air in bladder, but I'm curious if anyone has this problem. It just seems it would be better to eliminate 1 of the failure points (ie. pull dumps) and go with donut.

Thanks

1-has anyone had issue with the upper cam band being too high and not being secure due to the crown of the tank?
Not at all. I have almost two inches before the beginning of the crown.
2-i recall a pic showing a rear pull dump on both sides of bladder (I've always preferred donut style) question is, any big problems with air shift or annoying trapped air? I generally dive with little to no air in bladder, but I'm curious if anyone has this problem. It just seems it would be better to eliminate 1 of the failure points (ie. pull dumps) and go with donut.
Venting has never been an issue for me. I have never seen any pull dump fail on a dive. When they do fail, it's during service. I have never seen a Zeagle pull dump fail even during service.

I recently bought the Deluxe configuration and rip-cord weight pockets
without padding and used it on several dives in Greece last month.

Bear with me, I'm a novice!

My overall impression is very favourable.

Where I dove they used these very short, fat cylinders I've never seen before.
The belts were JUST long enough to go around the tanks and velcro down at the
end. The top belt was just barely below the shoulder of the tank with the tank
boot on and the lower belt all of the way down. With 2Kg in each side pocket
I felt my COG was a little high and posterior so I had a tipping point when I leaned backwards that was more than I expected. I believe this was a funtion of the position
of the short (very heavy!) tanks we were using.

However, the belts for the tanks did work fine, just not room for much adjustment.

I had no problems venting, inflating, etc. Once I got the belts all adjusted it
was very comfortable.

Given my novice state (~25 dives) and only 5 dives under my belt with the Zeagle
I really liked the Express Tech.

In retrospect, however, I think I would have rather liked the greater simplicity of
the base model as compared to the Deluxe since, from my perspective, simplicity
and low weight/size are what this vest is all about.

Liked what I head here about the Express Tech, so I've decided to order one. Mostly I will be diving warm water (Mexico). But I also hope to get in the water in Nova Scotia where I will most likely be in a 7mm wetsuit. Either way I will be flying, so how much weight/space the BCD takes up is an issue. Anyone know if there much difference when packing between the 24lb and the 44lb? Hope you can help, this will be my first BC and would like to avoid rookie mistakes.

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom