Piranhas In Kentucky?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What we found is any exposed body surface can and will start a feeding frenzy of the local species....

As many of you know, I live on a lake only 20 miles from the Pennyroyal quarry. It has the same infestation problem. Let's just say that skinny dipping can be quite painful when a school of them show up at an in appropriate depth. :shocked2:

One more. When the Kentucky underwater mythbusters were working on the beer can exploding at depth myth; we found some time to explore the feeding frenzy habits of the Kentucky Piranha. What we found is any exposed body surface can and will start a feeding frenzy of the local species....Wearing a hood will protect your ears, your lips; that is a different issue altogether...........Do you dare go into the water?

[/QUOTE]

OMG! What happed to the rest of that diver?!?????

I told my daughter "see, this is what happens when you don't have the right C-card. This guy didn't have the K.P.P. Adv. Diver Piranha Protection Cert. Shame,:shakehead: this diver could have prevented all of this!

I think my avatar answers that question.

So, what does she think now?

I was wondering if these videos would resurface! That's why I kiss the wife and kid's goodbye when I hit the water. You just never know!

They also go crazy when you tie a weiner (hot dogh ) on your buddy's first stage. Or smear a little cheeze wiz on your hand and pat your buddy on the head.

going to pennyroyal ive actually not had the problem during our confined dives and our first dive without instructors. i jumped in the middle of em and they just scattered, i didnt get finned or anything. to play a prank i even stuck bread in my friends sisters BCD and they waited for her to take it out?? maybe they just like us :)

Back
Top Bottom