Hello from Houston, TX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

outflying1

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi guys/gals, moved to Houston, TX 3 years ago from Cleveland, OH. I haven't gone diving since 7/07 and I would really love to get back into diving. I was certified by the YMCA back in 5/87, I use to dive quite often until 2007. I was thinking of getting a PADI certification and taking the OW course all over again, or should I just stick with my YMCA OW and take a refresher course?

You might consider going to a CHUM meeting, held the third thursday of the month at (where else) A BAR! The Stag's Head bar, to be exact. CHUM is a drinking club with a diving problem. Someone is always diving somewhere, and someone will be happy to take you under their wing and ease you back into it. Google the City of Houston Underwater Mariners, or PM Reefhound on this board. I think he is in Mexico right now, but he'll get back to you shortly.

You might consider going to a CHUM meeting, held the third thursday of the month at (where else) A BAR! The Stag's Head bar, to be exact. CHUM is a drinking club with a diving problem. Someone is always diving somewhere, and someone will be happy to take you under their wing and ease you back into it. Google the City of Houston Underwater Mariners, or PM Reefhound on this board. I think he is in Mexico right now, but he'll get back to you shortly.

Thanks Wookie for the good info.

Back
Top Bottom