Yet another dumb bp/w question...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wijbrandus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Picked up my Halcyon Eclipse Saturday. Was so totally jazzed about it finally arriving. Only took the LDS about 30 minutes to get me fitted into it. I totally love it already. I've got pool time scheduled on Thursday the 18th to work with it.

Sunday, I'm hooking the wing and STA to the plate, and I realize something seems wrong. I poke around a bit, and I realize the lower dump valve is on the bottom side of the wing when I'm horizontal underwater.

Now I realize I can just use the upper valve to release air, but isn't a dump valve supposed to be on top? I'm assuming it'll work just fine, but it still just looks weird. Kind of hard to imagine air going down and out of a hole that's bottom mounted.

Has anyone had an issue with dumping air in this rig? Is there anything I should know before I hop in the water?

Oh, and one last thing. Does anyone have a cheap pouch setup I can put on the waistbelt to carry my required gear for my AOW? It's in another week, and I just can't justify spending any more money on dive equipment to my wife at the moment. She's already been a sweetheart about the bp/w. Only a little fussing about why I "spend more to get less."

It works because the wing tacos up when you put gas in it, making the valve a high point. If it were on the top you'd have a time reaching it.

WW

Heh, go figure. I'd have never thought of that just looking at it.

Ok. I'll post more after my pool time then.

Thanks, WW!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom