Belize end of July?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jlevine

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

I am thinking about coming to Belize towards the end of July. I have been to Ambergris Caye and had a great time. I am open to coming back to Ambergris but am open to some other options. My main concern about that time period is visibility. I had heard that the northern cayes got a bit cloudy due to plankton in the warmer months. Any thoughts on whether it would be good to go further south or onto the atolls? I would be traveling by myself and don't need many luxuries (well...A/C and internet would be nice). My goal is diving. I'm not really a land tour guy.

Thanks!

It will be very hot, probably a lot of restaurants will be closed for vacation and as with the rest of the Caribbean there is the risk of a tropical storm. I have been on Ambergris Caye that time of year and the diving was just fine. Once we were told to evacuate and could not get off the island. Nothing happened and the place was wonderful deserted.

Edward, that's an interesting link, but no AC in August is going to be a bit brutal, even for my hot weather acclimatized system.

Just got back July 10th after a week in Ambergris and the weather was largely kind to us being a short time after Alex moved through. One day the waters past the reef were choppy but the dives were great. Didn't do the BH.

Most of the restaurants we wanted to eat at were open. We stayed down town in the Sunbreeze and the room was cool as a fridge with a small TV so I could catch replays of the World Cup Semi Finals and Lebron's shock move to Miami Heat (Go Lakers). I liked being able to stroll to different bars and restaurants for lunch and dinner and looking around the shops when not diving.

July, August, and September can be great. Been a number of times in Summer and it is all good:wink:

I love July its calm seas, viz is good and normally beautiful weather and great diving.

Gaz Cooper

I'm with fishwoman, if you don't want land tours then you can't get much closer to the reef than Thatch....

Back
Top Bottom