Peace be with you Wes Skiles (21 July 2010)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh man, i am so sorry to hear this. Wes was a great guy. RIP buddy!

I just don't want to believe this.. The world has lost one of the biggest pioneers of our sport. Wes, you have been an inspiration to me for as long as I've been in this sport.... Cave Country will never be the same without you. RIP Wes!

From Wes's FB page....

Actually a advertisement for Shackleton's expedition to Antarctica: "Men wanted for hazardous journey. Low wages, bitter cold, long hours of complete darkness. Safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in event of success". Pretty much reflects my real life...

A true ambassador and explorer. 1 in a million....

-Tim

Truly a tragedy. Wes holds a unique place in diving, exploration and underwater photography and videography.

He will truly be missed.

Good Bye, Wes.

Jeff

I am deeply saddened by Wes's passing. While I hung up my cave gear for good ten years ago, Wes was truly an inspiration for dive exploration, dive training, and environmental protection. I am the diver I am today in part because of his writngs, photos, and teachings. He will be greatly missed. Rest in peace Wes and Godspeed.

RIP Buddy. You were a really nice guy.
Condolences to family.

We were blessed to have Wes be such an inspiration and ambassador. His legacy will live on through his works.
RIP Wes.
Lord, be with his family and friends.

yo

As I am shocked and speechless I deeply feel the loss of one of my heroes, mentor and friend. My deepest heartfelt condolences go to the family.

Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom