New Mac OS X Dive App

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After entering as much data as I could easily input manually, I dinked around with the app, clicking on the "View Statistics" icon and checking out the various report pages on offer. On the "General" tab, it reports Max Depth as 285.43 feet and Average Depth as 0.000 feet. I haven't figured out an average yet, but my deepest dive was 87 feet.

Is this an artifact of the manual entry that will straighten itself out when I start downloading data from my shiny new Wisdom 2?

He's aware of the bug and has apparently fixed for the next version... read post #344

Welcome back to the sport, to SB and to the Macworld:D

He's aware of the bug and has apparently fixed for the next version... read post ...

Welcome back to the sport, to SB and to the Macworld:D

Thanks. Damn, I read that post before I noticed the issue, so it wasn't on my radar!

I was prompted to "upgrade" when I last opened MacDive. I've now been converted to version 2.0. I'd like to go back to my old version. Please let me know how to do so. Thanks.

I was prompted to "upgrade" when I last opened MacDive. I've now been converted to version 2.0. I'd like to go back to my old version. Please let me know how to do so. Thanks.

I already replied to your email, but for anyone else -

There is a backup of your original macdive database in ~/Library/Application Support/MacDive/MacDive.sqlite.backup

Delete MacDive.sqlite, and then rename the backup file to take its place. Then you can use the old version again.

Hey ya'll

Does anyone know of a dive log app you can use in conjunction with a Suunto Cobra and Mac OS X 10.4 system?

Thanks!

Hey ya'll

Does anyone know of a dive log app you can use in conjunction with a Suunto Cobra and Mac OS X 10.4 system?

Thanks!

DiveLog says it works with 10.3 or later.
I started using it with 10.4 (I've since upgraded) and it looks like older versions are still available for download, so you ought to find something that works. I use it with a Cobra.

Divelog isn't as actively maintained as Macdive, but it works.

I'm still loving the application, and the upgrade, but have noticed one small issue. When I download dives from my Oceanic Atom 2.0 or Datamask, MacDive shows my "Temp High" and "Temp Low" as the same temperature, which is always the lowest temperature on the dive.

Keep up the great work!

I'm still loving the application, and the upgrade, but have noticed one small issue. When I download dives from my Oceanic Atom 2.0 or Datamask, MacDive shows my "Temp High" and "Temp Low" as the same temperature, which is always the lowest temperature on the dive.

Keep up the great work!

Ah, I fixed this a wee while ago for the next patch. Will be out soonish. If you want a beta copy now, you can email me (support@mac-dive.com) and I'll fire one through to you.

so, I'm thinking about getting the Oceanic OC1 and I'm on a mac. Does MacDive support the OC1 yet? Has anyone had luck getting the two to play nice together? Thanks!

We are working on OC1 support. You could always send us a memory dump of your dive computer to help speed up the development. Instructions are available here:

http://www.divesoftware.org/libdc/contribute.html#memory

This also applies for all other models of course, because we can't add support for new models without any data.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom