Best diving locations...in the world

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Port Hardy, BC

There is a reason why Cousteau said Vancouver Island was the 2nd best place to dive in the world after the Red Sea. Scuba Diver Magazine has Vanouver Island as the best place to dive in North America. Diving here isn't about beachside Mojito's, but then the question was best place and there alot of places behind Vanouver Island.

Yes, but what is the water temp there.. 50 degrees? no thanks.
and I do enjoy my mojitos as well :D

Yes, but what is the water temp there.. 50 degrees? no thanks.
and I do enjoy my mojitos as well :D
Thats why they invented drysuits :wink:

And regardless, temprature dont make the dive good or bad by itself, thats just about choosing the right equipment.
Mojitos dont actually have anything at all to do with diving, so it shouldnt be a factor. If we want great diving and if we want a great vacation package should be two completely different lists IMO.
The Red Sea would of course be in the top 5 on both of them though :p

I would say dive heaven for me:
1. the Galapagos
2. Indonesia maybe a liveaboard in Komodo
3. Papua New Guinea ... Ive been there at it's fantastic!
4. Red Sea ... I've been there
5. GBR and Coral Sea ... I've been there it's excellent.

I would say dive heaven for me:
1. the Galapagos
2. Indonesia maybe a liveaboard in Komodo
3. Papua New Guinea ... Ive been there at it's fantastic!
4. Red Sea ... I've been there
5. GBR and Coral Sea ... I've been there it's excellent.
Galapagos... I SO wanna go there, but from here its rather inaccessible and pretty damn expensive. Some day though, some day..

Oman - Daymaniate Islands

Thats why they invented drysuits :wink:

And regardless, temprature dont make the dive good or bad by itself, thats just about choosing the right equipment.

The Swedish have an expression: "There is no such thing as bad weather. Just the wrong clothes." There are some beautiful cold water dives.

All of my top spots are cold water dives. After Pt. Lobos comes the high Arctic above Iceland, under the Antarctic Ice, George's Banks, Juan de Fuca Straights and the Pribilofs, then we can start thinking about warmer dives.

The Swedish have an expression: "There is no such thing as bad weather. Just the wrong clothes." There are some beautiful cold water dives.
Actually, thats one of the most used norwegian proverbs :wink:

Theres no such thing as bad weath, just the wrong clothing

Im sure youll find that one and many others on Norwegian proverbs - BillionQuotes

They are probably actually old norse proverbs rather than spesific to any scandinavian country and likely the origin of some of the english and in turn american ones. A not much known fact is that theres actually quite a bit of the english language that got imported from the old norse, just as we took some back as well. An example is the word knife, which actually comes from knif, which is in modern norwegian kniv.

The proverbs might also be even older and have come from the earlier civilizations..

The diving in the Maldives is great! I'm going again in a month. Can't wait.

The diving in the Maldives is great! I'm going again in a month. Can't wait.
Im definetly not going there till "certain things has been resolved" and then it would depend on the outcome if Id be willing to go there :wink:

Back
Top Bottom