Indonesia pics and video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bora_Horza

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi everyone,

I’ve fairly recently returned from a diving holiday to Indonesia, visiting Alor, Maumere and Komodo. Thought I’d share a few pics I took out there, and a video I put together from the clips I took in Komodo. These were taken using a Canon A570 IS.

IMG_4517_soft_coral2.jpg

IMG_4590_rhinophias.jpg

IMG_5526_great_nudi2.jpg

IMG_5966_great_lionfish.jpg

IMG_3254_rhinophias.jpg

IMG_6921_frogfish.jpg

IMG_5217_flatworm.jpg

IMG_3384_seamoth.jpg

IMG_5249_bubble_anenomes.jpg

I had a lot of fun - just wish I was still out there! Happy diving all :)

Very nice. I'm so jealous of your trip. We almost booked a liveaboard trip to Alor on a Peter Hughes boat but once we found out that there's a less expensive trip to Komodo, we booked that instead. Are both areas pretty much the same? Which area did you like best?

great pics & video--thanks

Awesome! Thanks

Cheers for the comments all!

Komodo vs Alor - mmm, same same but different. Both great marine diversity hotspots with strong currents, etc, so in that respect similar. But you do see different critters in each region (or whats common in one area is 'rare' in the other). I did daytrip diving into Komodo, so visited the central & northern part of the park, generally warmer water (28°C or so) and saw mantas, whitetips, etc (which I did'nt see in my visit to Alor). While in Alor I dived both warmer waters and cooler waters (24°C) which had different smaller critters, plus I saw a mola mola and a glimpse of a hammerhead (which are rarely seen in Komodo). Maybe I saw more pelagics and bigger fish around Komodo, but more interesting smaller things around Alor. My recommendation - visit both areas, they compliment each other nicely! :)

EDIT: of course, if you're on a liveaboard in Komodo you can also visit the cooler waters in the south of the park, and see the differnt critters in that area..

THAT VIDEO MAKES ME WANT TO GET OUT AND DIVE NICE JOB ON THE VIDEO AND AWSOM STILLS YOU ARE QUITE GOOD. :goingdown:

What kind of critter is that in the movie at 1:20?

Thank you for sharing. Beautiful images. Thoroughly enjoyed the video. Fantastic!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom