Galapagos conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi.. I'd like to go diving in Galapagos in October/November this year, maybe liveaboard or maybe island hopping.

I read in some other threads that conditions can be tough with regard to rough seas and currents. Can anyone give more detail? I've done about 85 dives now and will be over 100 by November but nothing in really rough seas/currents.

What'll the water temperature be in that time also?

thanks
Hamish

At darwin arch we had 22-24 C and i was in 3mm...same suit i use in the Red Sea + neopren long sleeve shirt under, overall like 3.5mm and socks.

Here is a description, a quick one, of the Darwin`s Arch, the hardest dive site there.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/5356927-post233.html

What are the implications of cooler waters on the wildlife?
Going there end of July!

Yes, good question for the whale sharks.
Also, would it be possible to have an update on the water temperatures at Darwin and Wolfe and in central islands?
Thanks.

Yes, good question for the whale sharks.
Also, would it be possible to have an update on the water temperatures at Darwin and Wolfe and in central islands?
Thanks.

Whale sharks seems more faithful to their migratory routes than current sea conditions. Surprisingly, no research yet to tell us where they go once they leave Darwin November /December.

Posted an update July 13 in this same thread.

Whale sharks seems more faithful to their migratory routes than current sea conditions. Surprisingly, no research yet to tell us where they go once they leave Darwin November /December.
I was watching a documentary recently where some researchers tried to tag whale sharks at Ningaloo (northwest Australia) and track them, thinking they were crossing the Indian ocean. Instead they seemed to head somewhat west but then up into Indonesia. Still lots of research to be done. Fascinating!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom