Doo rag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wader

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone use a doo rag? Those of us folically challenged need something to keep the solar powered sex machine under control. I have used to cotton type before but am eyeing a Scuba do rag. Suggetions? How about a pic with yours?

My friends and I have all worn the cotton type. For me, it is to keep the wisps of hair that are not long enough to pull back into a ponytail under control. For others, it is for sunburn prevention. For the rest, this was our Doo-rag dive!

I use the scubadorag for sun protection when down south. It works well and is somewhat stretchy so I can pull it over the tops of my ears on the surface swim.

I have also noticed that the local sporting goods shop sells a similar product for hockey players. You might want to check that out.

sq-bw-doo-rag-mtv.jpg

Tupac wore a doo rag and look what happened to him.

sq-bw-doo-rag-mtv.jpg

Tupac wore a doo rag and look what happened to him.

I don't think I will be diving the same holes he was. :shocked2:

I love them - I have impossible-to-tame hair, so keeping it covered up with a do-rag prevents it from flopping into my line of vision, which is the most annoyiong thing ever. Thing is, it never stays on. Despite diligently following the manufacturer's instructions, I've never been able to keep the damn thing on throughout a dive (bear in mind, I move very little during my dives and fiddle with head gear/reg/mask as little as possible). Everyone else I've seen with one always emerges from the dive looking like a Hells Angel, but I emerge from the water looking like their moll. For all that, I still love it!

I've got a 1.5 neoprene cap that looks a little like a doo-rag. It makes a difference in cooler water, yet it's easy to take off if you're getting a bit warm, unlike a hood.

Also, the Survivor-style Buff [as seen on reality TV] can be found here and there...works great as a cap or neckwarmer, and can be coiled around a wrist if you don't need it.

The original ScubaDoRag is great for lots of hair with the Secret Compartment or protecting the scalp of no hair at all. The fabric stretches so it's very comfortable and fits most. Also available in funky prints are ScubaGoodHoods and ScubaTubeSocks - all made in America. Check for dealers in your area at ScubaDoRag dot com.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom