OMS R600 Deep Performance Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paulirish78

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all, I am new to diving and this board. There is not much information out there on the OMS R600 Deep Performance regulator in terms of user reviews. Any thoughts on this one? If a regulator is environmentally sealed, does that mean it is likely to work well in cold water or just in dirty water? I plan to move to New Jersey next year, so I want a regulator that works in cold water (as well as at depth). Thanks.

I have no experience3 with the OMS R600 but I can tell you that the "environmentall sealed" aspect applicable for both dirty water and cold water. It means it keeps the dirt out and provides a defense against freeze ups.

An interesting fact:
A few years ago the OMS catalogue had a picture on the front cover that showed a record setting depth dive using OMS equipment. The diver was using Apex regs.

An interesting fact:
A few years ago the OMS catalogue had a picture on the front cover that showed a record setting depth dive using OMS equipment. The diver was using Apex regs.

Are those anything like Apeks regs?? :confused:

(and I think the OMS regs in use were on deco or bailout cylinders)

Yeah, Apeks regs. I think they were ATX 200's.

One of the few times I don't proof what I write.

Last edited:
I know this thread is already a little old but just would like to let you guys know I have bought and recently dove my R-600. I can confirm it is a great performance regulator, delivering air with no effort at 120ft (37m). It is also good looking and seems to be a workhorse with great quality. Way better than the MK17 that I was diving before.

Back
Top Bottom