Sport Divers Moving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randy,
Are you looking to stay in the ClearLake area or are you moving north toward the big H?
(or South toward little G...)

lol!

It would be great for a shop to have it's own pool in the area.
Also, will you be adding mixed gas to your offerings?

Best of luck finding the perfect place!

WE will stay in the Clear Lake area but for now we are staying put.

It was not an equipment purchace. I came into the shop about 15 minutes before they closed and needed a tank fill for a dive the following morning. The girl behind the counter made her disgust in my late arrival apparent. Begrudgingly she took my tank and hooked it up. Little did I know that I had mistakenly brought in the wrong tank. I brought the one in that was already full. Now when she hooked my tank up to their cascade I was the only tank being filled. In other words, she could see that it was already full. In the mean time I was cruising the shop looking for any last minute do dads to make the ring up worth their time. I put a couple of individual use "sink the stink" packs on the counter while she rang me up. The following morning, 29 miles offshore two tanks into a three tank rig dive I discover and empty tank. Needless to say I was furious. Later that morning I went back to the shop to explain what had happened and fully expected them to say "Sorry for the mix-up. We will fill the tank now". Instead what I got was lip service. Very much in the tone of "Sorry buddy, your loss". I spoke to the owner of the shop and he said the same thing. Instead of blowing a fuse I decided to handle the issue here. I got the same response here. I will keep my mouth shut from this point forward and let my dollars do the talking.

I got the same response here. I will keep my mouth shut from this point forward and let my dollars do the talking.

No, no need. Just understand that a new member, unknown, with a very low post count who goes on the offensive....is usually a troll...only wants to stir things up.

But you came back, clarified your original comment in a very un-troll like way. So, your original post and this one bear more weight.

You are correct though, vote with your wallet...in all businesses, not just the dive industry.

@DANEGR
Finding a LDS in Houston is kinda like Goldilocks and the bears. This one is too hot, this one is too cold, etc. Keep trying and you'll find one that's "just right". Thanks for clarifying your position.

Back
Top Bottom