How to rig Hogarthian harness?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hola, does anybody know off hand how many feet of webbing I'll need to reweb my rig?

any pros or cons with the sleeves that fit over the webbing that resists wear against the backplate? (that's why I'm replacing the webbing).

As far as the sleeve material is concerned use 2 inch tubular webbing. First place the sleeve material on the flat webbing in the approximate places you will want it to be, to make this easier hold your old webbing side by side with the new stuff and get it close using the bends in the old stuff as a guide. Now thread the whole thing through the plate, start at the top near your shoulders and work out from there.

I would recommend that you use a different color for the inner webbing, and the outer sleeve material. That will make it easier to spot any wear where the outer sleeve has been sliced through.

I have one plate where the original webbing started to get cut after a couple of years. In my case I used RED sleeve webbing and BLACK flat webbing, if I see the black through the red I know the sleeve has been compromised. So far it has been about three years and everything is as good as new, a little wear from normal use, but no sharp cuts.

As is always the case with webbing sear the ends with a heat knife or the flame from a lighter to keep the material from unraveling. The added thickness will be hard to fit through the slots so take your time and have a tiny screwdriver handy to help with the tough bits.

Mark Vlahos

thanks mark and all. great idea with different colored sleeves. and thanks for the 12' length info. btw, the reason I can't measure my old rig is because that steel BP lives in mexico and I live in jersey. I figure if I get down there often enough to visit it, it's cheaper to buy some extra equip to leave there than to deal with the airline restrictions on weight every time.

thanks, dive safe.

mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom