Diving in South Carolina?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be in the Myrtle beach (Debidue actually) area the second week in August and I'm probably going to dive with Express Watersports. I think the day I want to dive they are going to the Goldfinch.?. Does anybody know anything specific about this dive? How long is the trip out? What is the usual vis for that time of year? (They say 40-60ft on their website but everybody lies about good vis.) Anything else would be very helpful. Maybe other suggestions for better dives too. Thanks.

I'll be in the Myrtle beach (Debidue actually) area the second week in August and I'm probably going to dive with Express Watersports. I think the day I want to dive they are going to the Goldfinch.?. Does anybody know anything specific about this dive? How long is the trip out? What is the usual vis for that time of year? (They say 40-60ft on their website but everybody lies about good vis.) Anything else would be very helpful. Maybe other suggestions for better dives too. Thanks.

They are a good outfit to dive with. I have not done Goldfinch with them yet. I expect a long (hour plus) boat ride. Not sure on the viz there, but had viz better than that on the BP-25. The shop is pretty friendly - how about calling and asking recent experience on Goldfinch?

how about calling and asking recent experience on Goldfinch?

I did that. The man working said it was an 18 mile ride out and it would take an hour. That didn't seem long enough but maybe they have fast boats. He also said that the vis depended on the rain in the previous days. I didn't know the vis depended on the rain. Maybe I'm just newbie.

I did that. The man working said it was an 18 mile ride out and it would take an hour. That didn't seem long enough but maybe they have fast boats. He also said that the vis depended on the rain in the previous days. I didn't know the vis depended on the rain. Maybe I'm just newbie.

Maybe it's the sea state that goes with the rain? My fishing trip was scratched when the seas got going about 24 hrs in advance of a good thunder-boomer.

Back
Top Bottom